Opportunities to issue press releases are many and varied.
Here are a few examples:
- When there’s a new product or service to announce
- A prestigious contract has been won
- A new catalogue has been published (in print or on the
- Attendance at an exhibition or conference
- New staff have been appointed
- A move to new premises or the opening of a new office
Drafting the text
Naturally there are guiding principles as to how the release
should be written and structured so the editor / journalist will
find it clear, concise and easy to use.
Investing in a good quality picture is always advisable. It
adds interest, clarity, credibility and enhances the chances of
a release being published.
Issue the release
There is a growing tendency for media owners to charge for
publishing press releases. To avoid wasting time, effort and
money, we tailor the distribution list according to the subject
matter of the release. Relevance is the key.